Lagos state Teachers recruitment portal tescom.lagosstate.gov.ng is open and candidates are urged to apply. The main purpose of this recruitment into the state public sector is to create jobs for the citizens of state who possess the necessary qualifications.
The Lagos Secondary School Teachers Recruitment site application form is now available; apply at tescom.lagosstate.gov.ng. The prerequisites, application link, and instructions for applying for teaching vacancies in Enugu state will be provided here.
The Lagos State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) recruitment is open to all candidates who will meet the requirements expected in order to apply for the job recruitment exercise via tescom.lagosstate.gov.ng.
Lagos Teachers Recruitment Requirement.
To recruit teachers, there are several requirements that schools or educational institutions typically look for in candidates. These requirements may vary depending on the institution and the position being filled, but some common ones include:
- Education and Certification: Teachers should have a degree in education or a related field, and be certified to teach in their respective subjects or grade levels. Certification requirements vary by state or country, so it’s important to check what’s required in the specific location.
- Experience: Depending on the position, schools may require teachers to have previous teaching experience, either in the same subject area or grade level they will be teaching, or in a similar setting.
- Skills and Knowledge: Teachers should have strong communication skills, be organized, have strong classroom management skills, and be knowledgeable in their subject area. They should also have knowledge of current teaching strategies and be able to integrate technology into their lessons.
- Background Check: Many schools and institutions require candidates to undergo a background check before being hired. This may include a criminal history check, a reference check, and a verification of employment history.
- Professionalism: Teachers should be professional, reliable, and punctual. They should also be willing to work collaboratively with other teachers and staff members to provide the best possible education for their students.
- Passion for Teaching: Finally, schools often look for candidates who are passionate about teaching and have a genuine desire to help students learn and grow.
Qualified candidates who wish to apply for the Lagos state teachers recruitment should possess any of the following qualifications:
- B. Ed
- B.A (ED)
- B.SC. (ED)
- NCE in Sciences and Languages.
- NTRC Certificate is optional
These documents are to be uploaded on the application portal www.bayelsastate.gov.ng which you would print out and come along with it during the examination/screening date. Eligible candidates who can teach the following subjects should proceed to submit their applications on the portal.
What are the 7 key roles of teachers?
The duties of teachers can vary depending on the level of education they teach, but some common responsibilities include:
- Planning and delivering lessons: Teachers are responsible for creating and delivering lesson plans that align with the curriculum and meet the needs of their students.
- Assessing student progress: Teachers regularly evaluate their students’ progress and provide feedback to help them improve.
- Managing the classroom: Teachers create a positive and safe learning environment by maintaining discipline, managing behavior, and promoting a sense of community among their students.
- Communicating with parents: Teachers frequently communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, discuss any concerns, and collaborate on ways to support their child’s learning.
- Professional development: Teachers are responsible for staying up-to-date on the latest teaching methods, curriculum changes, and educational research.
- Student support: Teachers provide support to students who are struggling academically, emotionally, or socially, and may work with other professionals such as counselors, social workers, or psychologists to ensure that students receive the help they need.
- Extra-curricular activities: Teachers may organize or lead extracurricular activities such as sports teams, clubs, or music programs.
Overall, teachers play a critical role in shaping the lives of their students, and their duties go far beyond just delivering lessons. They are responsible for creating a positive learning environment, fostering academic and personal growth, and helping students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in life.
ATTENTION! Though the application is free, be aware of internet scammers who may demand money in return for the form, which may turn out to be phony.
To apply for a teaching job, you can follow these steps:
- Research schools or educational institutions that are currently hiring teachers. You can search for job postings online, in newspapers, or through job placement agencies.
- Review the job requirements and make sure you meet the qualifications for the position. This may include having a degree in education, a teaching certificate or license, and relevant experience.
- Prepare your resume or CV, which should highlight your education, teaching experience, and any other relevant skills or qualifications.
- Write a cover letter that explains why you are interested in the position and what makes you a good fit for the role. Make sure to customize your cover letter for each application.
- Submit your application, including your resume and cover letter, to the school or educational institution. Some organizations may require additional documents, such as a teaching philosophy statement or letters of recommendation.
- Follow up with the school or organization after submitting your application to confirm they received it and to express your continued interest in the position.
- If you are selected for an interview, prepare by researching the school and the position, practicing potential interview questions, and dressing professionally.
- Attend the interview and be prepared to answer questions about your teaching philosophy, classroom management techniques, and experience working with students.
- After the interview, send a thank-you note to the interviewer or hiring committee to express your appreciation for the opportunity to interview.
- If you are offered the position, review the terms of the job offer carefully before accepting or declining the offer.
- Lagos State Teachers Shortlisted Candidates. All applicants must double-check their names and screening location
How to Apply for Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2023
Candidates who have gone through the requirements and are eligible should apply online on the portal tescom.lagosstate.gov.ng. Please be informed, that candidates who submit multiple applications will be disqualified.
Remember to be patient and persistent, as the recruitment process can sometimes take a while. Good luck with your application!
I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.